TSCC is recruiting for an On-Call Budget Analyst.
On Call Budget Analyst
Multnomah County Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission (TSCC)
Upon hire, this position will work a flexible schedule of about 20 hours per week. After the training period ends (approximately in July 2019) the position will become an on-call position.
Position is open until filled. Hourly wage range is $32.54 – $40.05
Created by the Oregon Legislature in 1919, the Multnomah County Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission is a board of five volunteers, appointed by the governor and charged with protecting and representing the public’s interests in the budgets and taxes of the 41 local governments in Multnomah County. The Commission is supported by professional staff. This Budget Analyst position reports to the Executive Director and will typically perform the following essential functions.
- Review budgets of taxing districts for compliance with Oregon local budget law.
- Prepare written material in preparation for the Commission’s public hearings on budgets and property tax levy elections.
- Enter data into TSCC Database and extract data by writing and running reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of governmental finance, budgeting and auditing.
- Knowledge of computerized/data processing applications related to financial management and budgeting procedures.
- Knowledge of property tax assessment including levying authority, tax extension, collection and distribution.
- Ability to interpret and apply budget-related laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills in organizing and interpreting data from various sources and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate reports and records.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Commission staff, Commissioners, taxing district staff, elected officials and the public.
Minimum Qualifications Required for Entry:
Typically a bachelor’s degree with major coursework in finance, economics, accounting, or public administration with some public sector budgeting experience, or five (5) years of progressively responsible public sector budgeting or financial management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Established by the State Legislature in 1919, the Commission is on the cusp of its 100th anniversary. With the solid support of all member jurisdictions, the Commission is set to embark upon its second century. Legislation is pending that will broaden the Commission’s ability to serve local government. This position is unique opportunity in a one-of-a-kind organization: only in Multnomah County is there a TSCC that serves the county’s citizens and local governments.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Craig Gibons at email@example.com. Inquiries welcome, please contact Craig Gibons at 503 988 4131